NaF is the formula of the compound sodium fluoride, which is an inorganic compound. Let us clarify various points related đồ sộ the reaction between HCl + NaF through this article.
Bạn đang xem: naf hcl
HCl is also called hydronium chloride. HCl has a pungent odor. HCl is a strong acid as it completely dissociates in solution and gives H+ and Cl– anion. NaF is colorless or white solid. NaF is odorless. NaF is soluble in water. NAF melts at 9930 C, and boiled at NaF is 17040 C. NAF shows a cubic crystal structure.
We will discuss in brief about HCl+ NaF reaction, lượt thích the type of reaction, product size and more such things in this article.
What is the product of HCL and NAF
The product of the HCl + NaF reaction is sodium chloride, NaCl and hydrogen fluoride.
HCl + NaF ⟶HF +NaCl.
What type of reaction is HCL + NAF
HCl+ NaF is a double replacement reaction. In HCl+ NaF, sodium Na+ and H+ are the positively charged ions that is cations, whereas Cl– and F– are negatively charged ions that is anions. These two cations and anions exchange places đồ sộ size two new compounds NaCl and HF.
HCl +NaF ⟶ HF + NaCl.
How đồ sộ balance HCL + NAF
To balance any chemical equation following steps are used.
- Count the number of atoms on the reactant side as well as on the product side.
- If a number of an atom on both sides are equal, then it is a balanced equation. If it is not equal, then it is an unbalanced equation, and we have đồ sộ balance that equation.
- HCl +NaF ⟶ HF + NaCl.
- In HCl + NaF reaction reactant side contains one hydrogen atom, one chlorine atom, one sodium atom, and one fluorine atom.
- On the other side, that is, the product side, one hydrogen atom, one chlorine atom, one sodium atom, and one fluorine atom are present.
- After comparing both the reactant and product sides, we will come đồ sộ the decision that both sides have an equal number of atoms.
- Number of atom on both reactant and product side is tabulated below.
|Atoms||Number of atom on reactant side||Number of atom on product side|
- Thus HCl + NaF is a balanced equation, and no need đồ sộ balance the HCl + NaF reaction.
HCL + NAF titration
HCl + NaF titration is not possible as NaF is basic salt formed by the neutralization of strong base NaOH and weak acid HF.
HCL + NAF net ionic equation
The net ionic equation of HCl + NaF is given below.
H+ + Cl– + Na+ + F– ⟶ HF + Na+ + Cl–
H+ (aq) + F-(aq) ⟶ HF (aq)
HCL + NAF conjugate pairs
HCl + NaF has the following conjugate pairs,
- HCl is a strong acid that has conjugate base Cl–.
- NaF does not have any conjugate pair as it is a salt.
HCL and NAF intermolecular forces
Xem thêm: al(no3)3 ra al2o3
The intermolecular forces in HCl + NaF are,
- HCl has dipole-dipole interaction. A polar covalent force observes in Cl– and H+ ions.
- NaF is an ionic compound where an ionic bond is present between oppositely charged ions, that is, Na+ and F–.
HCL + NAF reaction enthalpy
Reaction enthalpy of HCl + NaF is -442.1 KJmol-1
- First, we have đồ sộ find out the enthalpy of the formation of each compound on both reactants as well as product sides.
- The below table represents the enthalpy of the formation of each compound in the HCl +NaF ⟶ HF + NaCl reaction.
|Compounds||Enthalpy of Formation(KJmol-1)|
- Enthalpy of reaction = Sum of the enthalpies on the product side – Sum of enthalpies on the reactant side.
- Enthalpy of reaction = ( -92.3+(-573.6) )- (-788+(-320) )
= -442.1 KJmol-1.
Is HCL + NAF a buffer solution
HCl + NaF is not a buffer solution as HCl in the reaction is a strong acid.
Is HCL + NAF a complete reaction
HCl + NaF is a complete reaction as the product consumed complete moles of a reactant at equilibrium.
Is HCL + NAF an exothermic or endothermic reaction
HCl + NaF is an exothermic reaction as the enthalpy of the reaction has a negative value at -442.1 KJmol-1. Thus heat is evolved during the reaction. The product is more stable phàn nàn the reactant.
Is HCL + NAF a redox reaction
HCl + NaF is not a redox reaction as no change in oxidation state is found in HCl + NaF reaction.
Is HCL + NAF a precipitation reaction
HCl + NaF is not a precipitation reaction as no precipitate forms during the HCl + NaF reaction. NaCl size during the reaction is soluble in water.
Is HCL + NAF reversible or irreversible reaction
HCl + NaF is an irreversible reaction as NaCl formed during the reaction is water soluble.
Is the HCL + NAF displacement reaction
HCl + NaF is a double displacement reaction. Here sodium from NaF and hydrogen from HCl interchange the anionic parts, that is, Cl and F, đồ sộ produce NaCl and HF.
This article provided complete information about the reaction of HCl + NaF. Sodium chloride formed in the above reaction is commonly used as table salt and preservative. Hydrogen fluoride is used đồ sộ make a fluorescent light bulb. In rust remover also, hydrogen fluoride is used.
Xem thêm: naalo2+hcl